Our centre in Bucharest is looking for people to join the team of camp trainers for the BritTeen Adventure summer camps held in Bran and Fundata from June to August 2017. The camp trainer position will require working in English with groups of children (school grades 3-8) and delivering themed conversation-based workshops on topics of the trainer’s choice.
SALARIU 1320 RON gross / camp (on a collaboration basis)
DURATĂ June – August 2017 (6-day intervals)
TERMEN LIMITĂ miercuri, 03 mai 2017
ABOUT OUR CAMPS
With over 7 years of experience, the BritTeen Adventure summer camps offer students in grades 3 – 8 (9 – 14 years old) a friendly environment where they can practice English, develop essential life skills and expand their knowledge through themed interactive workshops and other fun activities in English.
Camps last 6 days (Sunday – Friday) and take place in Bran or Fundata, Brașov county, Romania. There are maximum 30 students and 4 accompanying adults (2 camp trainers and 2 camp supervisors) in each camp.
During each camp, students take part in two themed workshops, each workshop facilitated by a camp trainer. Camp workshops cover a wide array of topics, from arts, crafts, theatre or improvisation to team work, first aid, history or ecology.
Aside from workshops, the camp schedule includes hikes and open activities and games organised by the accompanying adults. All camp activities are in English.
For details about camp schedule, please check the document in the application pack below.
CAMP TRAINER DUTIES
As a camp trainer for our BritTeen Adventure summer camps, your duties would include:
- holding a themed workshop in English comprised of 3 sessions, 3 hours each (9 hours total), twice per camp, each time with a group of maximum 15 students
- facilitating each workshop session in English exclusively
- monitoring students’ performance during workshops and other activities in order to provide feedback upon request
- organising other games and activities in English for camp students outside of workshop hours (during breaks, evening schedule, group activities etc), along with the other accompanying adults
- safeguarding students during the whole duration of the camp, both during workshops and outside of workshop hours, along with the other accompanying adults
- assisting students with their grievances
- adhering to our Child Protiection policy
WHAT WE OFFER
As a camp trainer, aside from the standard camp fee of 1320 RON gross/camp, we also offer you:
- transportation from Bucharest to the camp site and return by bus (with departure on Sunday morning and return on Friday evening)
- full accommodation for the 6 days in camp, in single or double rooms (with en-suite bathroom, wireless internet connection, TV)
- 3 meals and 2 fruit snacks/day (menu can be adapted for all dietary restrictions and/or preferences)
- all stationery and other materials needed for workshop and camp activities (within budget – details will be discussed during interviews)
- training and guidance on camp procedures and rules, our Child Protection policy, first aid procedures (depending on availability)
- experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural environment
- letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion)
Find out more at www.britishcouncil.ro